The Joint Commission has issued a Coronavirus (COVID-19) guidance page for hospitals and other organizations who are accredited through that organization. The page contains a letter and a video from the CEO of the Joint Commission, Mark R. Chassin, MD, FACP, MPP, MPH.
The Joint Commission Offers Useful Resources on the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The page also contains a variety of statements from the Joint Commission, Frequently Asked Questions about the Joint Commission’s statement on use of face masks brought from home, a statement on universal masking, a public statement on the shortage of critical equipment.
The page contains an interesting section highlighting stories from health care workers who are working on the front lines of the battle against the virus.
The Joint Commission page contains topical coverage of a variety of COVID-19 issues that are being faced by health care providers. The Joint Commission offers some really good content. There are informative articles, videos, training material and a wide variety of resources related to the COVID-19 virus, organized by category.
Some of the information on the Joint Commission site includes:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Ventilator and Respiratory Support
- Staffing and Telehealth
- Preventing Coronavirus Transmission in Ambulatory Health Care Settings
- Home Care Resources
- Requirements for Granting Privileges During a Disaster
- Telehealth and COVID-19 – CARES Act and CMS Guidance
- COVID-19 Related State Action
- Current State Laws and Reimbursement Policy
- Behavioral Health Care
- Ambulatory Health Care
- The Joint Commission: Removing (Doffing) a Disposable Gown and Gloves with Rationale
- Rush University Medical Center: Step by Step Donning and Doffing: Disposable Gown, Face Mask and Goggles
- Rush University Medical Center: Step by Step Donning and Doffing: Reusable Gown, N95 Respirator, Goggles or Face Shield
Visit the Joint Commission COVID-19 Resource Page, but plan to spend a while over there. There is a lots of really nice content.
For continual coverage of COVID-19 Legal Issues, Visit our Coronavirus Resources and Blog
Source: Health Law Blog